Friday, June 10, 2011

Proposal

Because I really enjoyed being able to read Bryan's comments after his "Reluctant Fundamentalist" reading experience, I thought it'd be a cool idea for each one of us to pick a book from our list that the others have to read. Since Devika and Bryan have both already read Hamid from me, that can be my book that I selected. That way, we get to have kind of a book club thing going on where we get some real discussion circulating about our readings.

SO GUYS.
If you want to do this, let us know your pick for the one book (or more! up to you guys) from your list that everyone else should read!

<3's,
Kim

4 comments:

  1. An idea similar to this one had occurred to me a little while ago, and I love it. My "required reading" is, of course, LETTERS TO A YOUNG POET.

    And, If I MAY be SO BOLD, I'm going to say that I've thought of doing a writing exercise for myself where I pick one of the letters and write my own response to it, as if Rilke had written that letter to me, and if anyone is interested after reading the book (if you do) I would love to read something like that from you, too! Jus' sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: This blog/the people who write for it are my favorite thing about this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Yes, I think this is a good idea!
    I think my choice will be... the God of Small Things, by Arundhati Roy. It's about Kerala, where my family is from. It's a great book, told in its own sort of language, and it speaks and doesn't narrate. It just chants and sings and howls with humanity. Everyone should read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryan I wanna read your letter! and after I read I will do one too.

    ReplyDelete