Friday, May 13, 2011

Bryan, Emily, Kim, Victoria...

WELCOME TO SUMREADING - A summer book club blog for friends!
Bryan had the idea that we have a summer book club, and I thought, let's begin a blog and share our journeys as readers this summer!

Sum reading 2011 :
1) Make blog.

2) Everyone assembles a list of books he/she would like to read. There's no common book list. Everyone's free to read and not read as they please.

3) Everyone posts their lists on this blog (let's say by June 1st).

4) Afterwards, as the summer progresses, everyone can leave 'posts' about their reading experiences, what thoughts and feelings these books have provoked, and everything, anything else that comes to mind.

10) We can also totally keep everyone else informed on our lives as well :~)

Hope you all are down for the adventure! I have added all of you as authors, so you should all have access to write on here.

Kim and Victoria -- Nice to have you home.

Lots and lots of love, and excitement,
Devika




7 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome idea.Thanks for setting it up, Devika :)

    Hope you are all doing well!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay! My first book is "On London" by Charles Dickens. It is quite short but, in light of going off to London, I think it is appropriate. After I finish, I plan on reading "Beautiful Boy" by David Sheff. It is about a father's struggle and journey through his son's drug addiction. Hope to finish them by the end of this coming week!

    I am currently listening to "Brunch with the Beatles" which I listen to every Sunday morning on my 93.9 station. I really should have been born in the late forty's so I would have been a teenager/in my twenties when they were at their height of musical brilliance! ahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily!! This is great! Can't wait to hear about On London and Beautiful Boy (incidentally also a John Lennon song, how perfect).

    I'm reading Let the Great World Spin, lent to me by Bryan, and it's so great. A series of interlacing stories set in the 1970s in New York. Can't put it down, really, to the point of being quasi-anti social...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOo devika, can i borrow that after you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I JUST SAW THIS! I finished The Reluctnat Fundamentalist and am going on to another Colum McCann, which is so far already beautiful. I miss you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Bryan! :)
    Guys, I have been baking a lot since i've been home. I've made madeleines, apple & cranberry cake, strawberry & rhubarb crumble, peach cake and margarita italian ice. SO SO good, wish you guys could have tried them all. Haha, I thought this blog was lacking a little food inspiration.

    Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GUYS read "The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy" An Economist Examines the Markets, Power and Politics of World Trade by Pietra Rivoli.

    ReplyDelete