Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Devika's Summer Reading List

Hey Everyone! Here is my reading list for the summer. I may add to it while I am in India, but this is the "golden goal" as of now! Lots of love to you all. Bryan darling, I hope you're having a wonderful time in Cairo (be safe, though) ; cannot wait to see you in August. And Emily, Victoria and Kim dears, SEE YOU this weekend.


1) Outliers by Malcom Gladwell
2) Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
3) South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami
4) Portrait of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
5)Amour, la Fantasia by Assia Djebar
6)Small is Beautiful : Economics as if People Mattered by E.F. Schumacher
7)Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard H. Thaler, Cass R. Sunstein
8) The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
9) One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
10) Vineland by Thomas Pynchon

I've been feeling all of you all day. Bryan -- Fleetfoxes guiding me as I wash the dishes and read and type and sing along, Victoria, as I transition into a summer vegetarian, or pescquetarian at the least, Emily because I bravely dealt with my my emerging facial 'womp-womps' (euphamism) and remembered to floss, and Kim because I read through my middle school reading response journals and smiled at my florid language and little middle school dreams.

The list, anyway, of course, ends at number ten.

Lots and Lots of Love,
Devika

2 comments:

  1. i love you and your "ten"

    very economically inclined reading list... "wealth of nations"! you go girl. though i wouldn't expect anything less. you can expect future conversations with matthew, i'm sure. he loves adam smith.

    i love how everything you write is like poetry, dear.

    have a wonderful time in india! loved seeing you this past weekend, even if just for a minute. see you in august!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ i agree with everything that kim said.

    and I REALLY like the second book on your list... you will definitely enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete